Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday morning. Today is going to be VERY busy for us. I am doing this early so I won't forget. You know - the mind of an elephant!!!

This morning, at 10am, we have a Work Day slated for LTWC. This is the day that we winterize all the cages and get the place ready for winter. Traditionally, it is the Saturday AFTER the Volunteer Luncheon. Silly me, I totally spaced out when I announced it last Sunday. I didn't even THINK that we were also leaving tonight for Mexico. Oh well. We WILL get through this!

By the picture above is of Cheryl playing for the train set she has waited for ALL of her life. When she was a little girl, both Bob and Darryl got a train set, BUT, because Cheryl was a girl, she got dolls!! Well, I got this for her 4 years ago and she just LOVED it. You can tell by the smile on her face.

OK. Back to today. After we finish the cages and feed everyone, clean up and pack, we leave for Sacramento, spend the night there, they fly to Mexico tomorrow for Cheryl's Stem Cell Therapy. We have VERY HIGH anticipation that this will do what the doctor says it will do and Cheryl will be OUT of pain for the first time in about 19 years!!! What a blessing.

If I don't have time tonight - in Sacramento - to update this blog, I 'will' update tomorrow afternoon after we check into the hotel. Yes, I am taking my camera, so you just 'might' see a taste of Old Monterrey. I wish that we could spend more time there, but this business - PERSONAL business - comes first. This will only be our third trip to Mexico, so we are looking forward to it AND to the warm weather. Right now - in Tahoe (9:35am, Saturday) - it is 42 degrees. It is supposed to be iln the mid 80's in Monterrey for our stay there. I think I will wear shorts.

Our love to all. Keep Cheryl in your thoughts and prayers. We will talk soon.

Tommy


No comments: